The HFI have released a press release regarding tomorrows protest (22nd August)
The Protest takes place Against Oppressive Government Restrictions and Mandates; The Press Release states: A protest will be held by Health Freedom Ireland (HFI) and Yellow Vest Ireland protesting against government mandates, demanding transparency, proportionality of decisions and accountability by government officials and advisors on August 22nd 2020 at 2pm in front of the Custom House, Dublin 1.
This will be a peaceful protest with speeches and a march. Purple T-shirts will be worn by supporters of Health Freedom Ireland. HFI has no political affiliations.
Speakers on the day include:
- Ben Gilroy, anti-eviction and civil rights activist who will be speaking about constitutional rights.
- Architect and Planner Michael Leahy, Human Rights and mental health advocate Freedom of Thought and diversity of opinion in modern Irish society and the impact of serious mental health issues such as suicide.
- Ken Duffy Motivational and Education speaker and mental health advocate, speaking on Human rights and homelessness in Ireland.
- Maeve Murran Health Freedom Ireland co-chair speaking about the proportionality of restrictions.
- Una Mc Gurk Barrister & Senior Counsel speaking about the impact of mandating masks without conclusive evidence.
- Prof. Dolores Cahill on the topic of natural immunity, vaccine development and testing accuracy.
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK1 amongst other factors due to the low mortality rate2,yet despite this comparatively low risk and despite Ireland having some of the lowest rates of infection3 in Western Europe, new legislation mandating mask wearing has been ushered in, some five months since lockdown began. Experts across the world are challenging the supposed threat level of COVID-19, and demanding justification for the restrictions we are seeing in Ireland and elsewhere4.
Individuals are threatened with €2500 fine or six months imprisonment for refusing to wear a mask in areas such as supermarkets, libraries and shopping centres despite divided expert opinion over the safety and effectiveness of their use by the general public5 . Indeed, the WHO and the CDC until very recently recommended that masks should not be used by the general population, but rather, only by those who are sick. What has changed?
Restrictions have been endured since the initial lockdown period when movements were restricted to within a 2km radius of the home. Now we have mandatory masks, hand sanitiser, social distancing, restriction of numbers at funerals and weddings, testing, and travel restrictions, and so on.
Ireland is facing a Mental Health tsunami of depression, suicide, self-harm, domestic violence and homelessness. For people these restrictions have meant isolation, disconnection, loss of autonomy, job loss, financial hardship, hopelessness6 at the prospect of another long term economic crisis and the never ending restrictions. Who will be held accountable for the deaths of despair resulting from these draconian measures? What is the death toll of those who did not get that cancer diagnosis until it was too late, because hospital schedules were cleared for a potential inundation of COVID19 patients that never materialised?
The people’s freedom to choose, and the right to bodily integrity, is rapidly being diminished under the guise of a ‘public health crisis’. The mandates for masks set a dangerous precedent for future impingements upon freedoms. We challenge the proportionality of the government’s measures to date:
- Automated temperature checks
- Implementing a contact tracing app causing serious privacy and data mining concerns7
- Mandatory wearing of masks in many public places and on public transport
We also challenge those measures under discussion such as:
- Potentially mandatory COVID-19 vaccines, or restrictions for those who decline this accelerated to market, liability free vaccine
- Mandatory COVID-19 testing at airports
- Insistence on using the store-provided hand sanitisers, even when people bring their own
- Discussion of social distancing, mask wearing and other measures in school
HFI welcomes support on the day from all citizens who share our concerns.
Yellow Vest Ireland – have pledged support alongside notable barrister Tracy O’Mahony. Other groups expected to attend include Health Freedom Ireland. We are unsure if the National Party or Irish Freedom Party will be joining the event at this point.
This comes after thousands protest lockdown restrictions in Berlin and The Netherlands. The activists aim to have a large turnout of support similar to these countries. Recent protests were met with opposition from Antifa groups. According to the Health Freedom Ireland website.
“Health Freedom Ireland is composed of individuals with a common belief that everyone has the right to make informed choices in relation to vaccination. Information must be freely available, factually correct and provided without bias.”
This comes after top scientists in the Netherlands question the effectiveness of masks. Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment has stated that
‘Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,’ ” ‘There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.’
According to their website Health Freedom Ireland’s mission is to:
- To empower Irish people to make informed decisions on vaccination for themselves and their families, by providing a resource for impartial information and links to up-to-date research on:
- Vaccines available on the Irish market – their ingredients, and established and potential adverse effects
- Illnesses for which there are vaccines – the risks of catching the illness, established healthcare professional recommended treatments and prognosis
- To safeguard the rights of Irish people in maintaining the right to choose whether to vaccinate or not. In order that, people living in Ireland will maintain medical freedom and the right to bodily integrity1 in Ireland, without fear of ramifications or consequences from the State, Health Authorities, Educational establishments or employers. Health Freedom Ireland aims to achieve this by:
- Reaching out to policy makers, providing rational, referenced advice on maintaining medical freedom in relation to vaccination
- Supporting Irish citizens presented with challenges to their ability to maintain medical freedom in relation to vaccination
German patriots are standing up against the COVID lies, so why don’t we!? pic.twitter.com/mTNs3BojUF