My name is Tracey O’ Mahony and I am a Barrister-at-Law, like many of you I have become increasingly concerned with the Irish Government’s erosion of our fundamental human rights through the introduction of Covid-19 related laws, since March of this year.
Since the enactment of the Health (Preservation and Protection and Other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Act, 2020 on 20 March 2020 (which was rushed through both houses of the Oireachtas in 48 hours), the Irish Government have sought to increase their control over the Irish public through the introduction of laws which have:
· determined for what reason you could leave your home (in violation of your right to freedom of movement and assembly);
· determined what businesses could remain open (in violation of your right to earn a living);
· determined that you could travel no further than 2km from your home for exercise (in violation of your right to freedom of movement) and in circumstances where our ports and airports remained open;
· determined that schools must close (in violation of the right to education for your children);
· determined that Churches must close (in violation of your right to practise your religion);
· determined that you must wear a face covering in order to use public transport and in order to gain entry to indoor retail outlets (in violation of your right to bodily integrity).
In simple terms these restrictions have and will lead to:
· the elderly dying alone (without any family or friends present) in nursing homes and hospitals;
· funerals with only a priest present;
· families being legally prevented from visiting one another for several months;
· children being denied access to schooling and the social interaction that is so vital in those early years;
· businesses being legally required to close resulting in the loss of thousands of jobs;
· unemployment (including those receiving emergency coronavirus jobless benefit) reaching almost 30% (this was up from 4.8% before Covid-19);
· hospitals cancelling vital medical procedures;
· reduction in tax receipts – which will result in a reduction in services and funds needed to sustain the most vulnerable in our society (such as reduced funds towards combating homelessness, access to public healthcare, access to education etc);
· increase in deaths from suicide, depression and domestic violence; and
· increase in deaths from undiagnosed medical conditions and late commencement of medical treatment.
Many valid questions have been raised (but continue to go unanswered) surrounding the science and medicine (or lack thereof) behind much of the Government restrictions. I, like many of you, have spent much time contemplating how to respond to the unjust interference with our human rights. I have given thought to initiating a legal challenge on the restrictions on movements, or mandatory masks, or the closure of schools and churches, however, I feel the gravest interference with our human rights is yet to happen.
I believe plans are afoot to erode the Right to Bodily Integrity.
Those of us who value freedom are (in my view) known for responding to threats in a reactive and uncoordinated manner (some people may not like that I have stated this, but I believe in calling a spade a spade) – in many cases, being the architects of our own downfall. That said, we now have a window of opportunity to change how we respond, and we can, at least in this endeavour, be in front of the curve, rather than behind it. So, if you have been asking yourself for the past six months what you can do to prepare, respond and fight back – please support this campaign.
Let us use this time wisely and not look back in five or ten years and wish we had done more to preserve, for our children, the freedoms we have taken for granted. It is my hope also, that this campaign will encourage others to establish similar campaigns.
What Do I Intend To Do
1) Promote the Right to Bodily Integrity through the following initiatives:
· Engaging researchers / counsel to investigate the law around the Right to Bodily Integrity and review the process by which laws have been implemented in other countries (most notably within the EU) which diminish the Right to Bodily Integrity
· Engaging lawyers in preparation for a legal or other challenge to a diminishment of the Right to Bodily Integrity, whether through laws or other means
· Engaging medical and/or scientific researchers / subject matter experts to review data and prepare papers to highlight the dangers that might be associated with eliminating or diminishing the Right to Bodily Integrity
· Promoting awareness of the consequences to a diminishment of the Right to Bodily Integrity, through preparation of papers for dissemination to the public
· Holding of events and the purchase of equipment, as necessary, to promote awareness around the importance of the Right to Bodily Integrity and other constitutional and legal protections
· Advertising and marketing of upcoming events to promote awareness around the importance of the Right to Bodily Integrity, which might include (without limitation) billboard advertising, newspaper advertising, social media advertising
2) Investigate misrepresentation and inaccuracies (to include engaging researchers / counsel) in the publication of information by the media surrounding Covid-19 and preparing official complaints to issue to Press Council of Ireland, Office of The Press Ombudsman.
3) Investigate and collating data on nonsensical Covid-19 guidelines and law and prepare awareness papers for dissemination to members of the public and preparing official complaints (which may include engaging researchers / legal counsel).
4) The establishment of a legal entity and website dedicated to the publication of information, which will be freely available to the public, on their rights under the Irish Constitution and at law and the provision of template documents that may be used in pursuit of enforcing those rights.
So What Do We Need From You?
1) Donations. I appreciate, especially in the current uncertain climate, that finances are scarce, however, I know of no lawyer, researcher, scientist or doctor who is investigating the validity of the government narrative full time and this, in part, is the making of our demise. We must acknowledge that we are fighting against the machines of government, media and NGO’S – all of whom work relentlessly to achieve a common goal. If we are to have success in reclaiming our freedoms, we must engage others to work full time on matters that concern us and to do this we need your financial support, noting that no amount is too small.
2) Publicity and Support – we ask that you please share this page with your family and friends and advise them that if they have any reservations about any action or inaction undertaken by the Irish Government during Covid-19, that this is the mechanism by which we can make the Irish Government accountable, but to do this we require widespread support.
In order to ensure transparency and accountability for all funds donated and the manner in which all funds will be spent, all donations made will, when drawn down, go directly into a client account held by our solicitors, who shall report regularly on the manner in which funds are spent (noting also that part of the funds generated shall be used to pay for any such legal/banking/reporting services). Furthermore, any funds donated which exceed the funds required to carry out the above activities, shall be donated to Health Freedom Ireland.
Finally, for completeness, I wish to confirm that I shall not be drawing any funds for any services I undertake, the purpose of this campaign is to allow me to engage and pay others to carry out tasks that I do not have the time, knowledge or expertise to undertake myself.
I also confirm that we will keep you informed throughout the process as to our progress and use of funds.